Saturday, December 4, 2010

Smart phone, your dog, and beyond

So our dog has been having some issues during eating. And by issues I mean what goes in comes right back out. Like immediately back out. My wife and I were concerned about this so we took the dog to the vet. The vet was asking some questions about what happens and my wife was explaining, and out of this discussion came the idea to take a video while feeding the dog so we could capture the event.

We fed the dog that night and everything was fine, but the next morning was different. My wife was taking video with her smart phone the whole time, so the entire event was captured on video. Then she quickly called the vet and took the dog in later that morning. She showed the vet the video and from that he was able to make a more accurate diagnosis of what was going on.

After thinking about this for a while, it seems like a great opportunity. Think about all these situations where you are trying to explain something to someone:
  • My car won't start
  • My microwave doesn't work
  • My computer has an error
  • My dog is sick
  • My loved one is ill
We have these new tools available to us, and I don't think we realize the potential that they offer. So think about it the next time you are trying to explain something to someone. Maybe it would be easier to show them a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment