Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What are we selling here?

So I have been tasking with branding out cooperative education program at work. Well, I volunteered to take on this task. I have been introducing a lot of new methodology, which has been widely accepted, and wanted to take on a greater challenge. What is that challenge? Making sure my company is recognized on campus, and by recognized I mean students only have to say the name of the company or the catch phrase and they all know. And by know, I mean they KNOW.

So the coop experience is based on learning. Learning what? Learning how to do something for real. You can certainly teach someone how to do engineering problems out of text book, but the real world doesn't work out of text books. So that is my focus. The learning experience. I am not going to sell the products we make. I am selling the learning experience we offer.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment