Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Remember that Chef vs. Cook thing?

So do you? If not, just recall that the chef is constantly creating new things and cook is making the same old stuff by following directions. For part of today I was the chef, and part of the day I was the cook. While I was the chef it was amazing - ideas were flowing, creativity was abound, and time flew right by. When I was the cook, I felt my energy drop and time seemed to grind to a halt. I found myself struggling to make any progress at all. I found myself longing to be the chef again. If you have not experienced a day like this yet, well that could be good or bad. You could be the chef who is doing art all day long, or the cook who is doing work all day long. I guess you have to ask yourself at the end of the day, was I the chef or the cook today?

No comments:

Post a Comment