Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bio Dashboard

So turns out I was actually sick these past few days, and that was contributing to my lack of creativity. That got me thinking about biotech again and how it would have been nice to know that I was sick instead of afterwards. I am not sure anyone knows what I mean, but starting Tuesday I just felt off, wasn't too hungry, had a headache, muscle aches, and the like. At that time I thought I was just tired or ready for vacation or whatever. But I actually had a fever and wasn't feeling well at all.

So the point of this was biotech right? This is what I was thinking. If there was device constantly monitoring critical body functions it could have alerted me to the fact that I had a temperature. It could have asked me for some other symptoms, and proposed a diagnosis to me. It could have sent an alert to my doctor, or if I went to a walk in clinic the device could have downloaded the info to them while I was in the waiting room.

I think a lot of people fear this type of technology, but to me it just makes sense. You could have your own dashboard giving you information on critical things each day. It could track your weight, critical health measurements (things like cholesterol or amount of sleep). To me that information would be critical to have to ensure a proactive approach to health. Just my thoughts.

I will do some searching and see if I can find some companies that are looking into doing this or are already doing this and post what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment