Monday, July 26, 2010

Calm after the storm

Last week was a great week for creativity. I came up with some great guitar riffs (all of which are posted on FB) and attended an three day event at work where I was able to showcase my coop program new ideas and best practices. Right now though, I feel the lull. The calm after the storm of creativity. This happens every once and a while. My brain needs a break. I can tell I am forcing things on guitar, trying to jam in certain chords, rather then feeling it and not really thinking about it. I think its important to recognize the lull, acknowledge it, and just wait it out. You can try and force some creativity, but forcing that never works. You can always tell its not authentic. The looseness of authenticity is missing. It feels contrived and thought out, which is not what I want. So it might be a while before a new riff is posted, and that is OK. Perhaps I will switch over to blogging this week, who knows. Either way I will enjoy the calm after the storm, because I know the next wave might be better then the last.

Perhaps I should name these creative storms. They can be Hurricanes. That gives me an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment